Hello readers. I hope all is well with you (wherever you are). It has been a wile since I did an announcement on the state of Adi’s Tech Site. However I do have something to announce today.
A lot of you might have noticed that I’ve not posted any content since August 2016, so I would like to apologise for the lack of content. With that in mind I would like to have a chance to set the record straight and tell you why this has been the case.
The answer is that I have been busy. There have been other commitments in my personal life that have required my attention, so I decided to take a hiatus from writing for a while.
Whilst I am on it, I also have something else on this topic of taking a hiatus. I would like to remind you of a few things.
This website does not have a team of writers behind it. It’s just me doing everything on this website. I am doing this website because I have a passion for technology and I want to share that with you the reader.
Just so you can get an idea of what I need to do for my content, here’s a full step-by-step guide of my process of writing:
- Researching the content that I want to write about
- noting down the key facts
- Writing the article
- reading for any mistakes (and correcting them)
- adding in any pictures or video that I need
- reading it one more time (to ensure any mistakes are rectified)
- publishing the article
- promoting the article on social media
What about product reviews? Well, here’s the process:
- Obtain the product – This will mean me either buying the product or reaching out to companies for product reviews.
- Using the product – normally I will use the product (be it hardware or software) for anywhere between a week or two weeks.
- Taking notes – whilst reviewing the product I will write down some notes, these are normally some thoughts that I might have on the product.
- Writing the review – At this point I will take any notes and use them to form a written review.
- Reading the review – once the review has been written I will then take a few moments to read it to check for any mistakes and get them fixed.
- Publishing and promoting the review – Once the review has been checked for any mistakes and I have checked any facts about the product that were mentioned in the review I can then publish it and promote it on social media.
- Informing the company that makes the product – If I get a company to send me a product for reviewing then I will reach out to them to let them know that the review has been published.
There might be points where I might need to update an article if there is some new information on it that warrants it being updated. There might even be press releases that I need to read as well(which would come under step one). With that being said this is the process that I go through to write an article. As you can see there’s a lot of work to do.
I am someone who has a limited amount of time in the day to do things. When there are other things that might take priority I may need to allocate my time away from this website and focus on other things. Because of my other commitments I’ve had to basically put writing articles on the shelf for now. As such, I decided to take a hiatus of sorts.
Now with all of this there are a few questions that need to be addressed.
“Adi, are you trying to say that you are going to shut this website down?”. No, I do not have any plans to shut this website down. Whilst it is a passion it’s still something that I like doing on the side and I want to continue doing it.
In an ideal world I would love this website to be what I do for a living(e.g. being a technology writer). For now I just want a lot of people (in the tens of thousands or even more) to come here, read my articles and appreciate what I write.
When will I make my return? In short, my answer is soon. Once I have a bit more time available and I feel like I can take on a few things then I will be back. Alternatively if I have a pocket of free time available, then I will write an article or two.
This also brings up another question: If you don’t plan on returning to writing for this website, why don’t you just shut it down? Again, I like writing about technology and as such I want to continue writing on this website. As such I decided to simply put the website on hold until I can get some free time to write content. If I get some free time I will try to write some articles. With that said I am still on hiatus.
Last but not least I would like to say thanks for your patience in what is currently a busy time for me.
If you do have any further questions then please leave them in the comments below and I will do my best to answer them.