For those of you who don’t know them Bethesda are the people behind the popular RPG/Adventure game: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. Earlier on Tuesday they held their E3 briefing where they showed to the world all the new stuff that they have been working on. Without further ado let’s take a look at everything that Bethesda Announced at E3 2016.
We should kick this in-depth look off with Quake Champions.
Simply put this is an arena-style, first-person shooter. At this time we don’t have any info on which consoles Quake Champions will be on, or the release date. With that being said we should expect some more information at QuakeCon (which is going to happen between the 4th and 7th of August. Until then here’s the trailer for this game:
Up next, let’s take a look at prey. In this game you play the role of Morgan Yu who is taking part in experiments which are supposed to improve the human race. In the year 2032 you wake up on board the Talos 1. You must explore this space station to discover certain secrets that hide there. However, you have to be careful because there is some alien force that has taken over the space station. As such you must use what you find (including any weapons) to take them down. Prey will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2017.
Skyrim Special Edition
Skyrim is getting a re-release in the form of Skyrim Special Edition. This is basically going to be an HD re-release of the game. You will be able to find and install mods as well as give feedback on them. From the main menu of the game you will be able to select the Mods option and start exploring to your heart’s content. Skyrim Special Edition is coming to PC, XBox One and PlayStation 4 on the 28th of October 2016. If you have Skyrim (as well as the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn add-ons on steam) then you will be able to get this one as a free upgrade!
In dishonored 2, you play as either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano. Emily is the ruler of the Empire of the Isles and Corvo is serves as her royal protector. On the anniversary of the death of Emily’s mother (and Corvo’s lover) Jessamine Kaldwin takes the throne.
Dishonored 2 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on the 11th of November 2016.
Dishonored 2 Collectors Edition
If you buy the collectors edition of Dishonored 2 then here’s what you will get:
- Corvo Attano’s Mask Replica and Stand
- Emily Kaldwin’s Ring Replica and Display Box
- Full Color Propaganda Poster
- Collectible Legacy Metal Case
- Digital Imperial Assassin’s Pack
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition – This is the original Dishonored game remastered for current consoles.
Here are some of the new things that are being added to the game as DLC:
- Contraption workshop – create new gadgets (releases 21st June and priced at $4.99 USD/£3.99 GBP/$6.95 AUD
- Vault-tec workshop – create new things for your underground home (releases July 2016 and priced at $4.99 USD/£3.99 GBP/$6.95 AUD
- Nuka World – An amusement park/wasteland (releases August 2016 and priced at $19.99 USD/£19.99 GBP/$29.95 AUD)
Fallout Shelter is going to get a new quests mode in version 1.6 where players will be able to go and complete challenges that take place outside of the vault. Additionally, Fallout shelter is coming to PC! There is no release date information on the PC version at this time.
The Elder Scrolls Online
There are two sets of DLC that were mentioned: Dark Brotherhood and One Tamriel(which is still in development).
The Elder Scrolls Legends
There is going to be a story-driven campaign for the game.
In addition to this there is going to be a version of this game coming out on Mac, iPhone, Android tablets and Android phones.
One of the main announcements for Doom is that you will be able to download a demo of the game that allows you to play first level for free. You have to hurry because this will only be available for this week. With that being said this is actually a good way to see if the game runs well on your computer before you shell out on the full game.
As for the full version of the game here are the updates coming to SnapMap:
- New construction modules, including Hell visual themes
- New props, weapons and items
- New logic options
- New functionality, like the campaign’s popular weapon wheel, that will help creators build deeper single-player experiences
- Enhanced ways to easily find and play new content in the SnapMap hub
As far as multiplayer goes, here are the updates that you will be able to get for free:
- Exodus: a one-flag CTF mode
- Sector: a multizone capture-and-hold mode
There is going to be a paid DLC pack called Unto The Evil and here’s what you will find in this pack:
- Three new multiplayer maps: Offering, Cataclysm and Ritual
- A new player-controlled demon: Harvester
- A new weapon: UAC EMG Pistol
- New equipment: Kinetic Mine
- New ways to customize your DOOM marine, including additional armor sets, patterns, colors and taunts
- New hack modules
Bethesda are also adding a new version of fallout 4 that supports virtual reality headsets (such as the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive). There is also a version of DOOM in the works that will support virtual reality headsets.
I have to say that I was a huge fan of Quake 3 Arena back in the day, so I am relieved to see that Bethesda is doing something else with the Quake franchise. Sure we have seen Quake Live, but sometimes I don’t want to have to launch a web browser just to play the game.
I am also glad to see Bethesda allowing people like me to try out Doom on my PC and make sure that it runs well. At the end of the day £40 is a lot of money to spend on a game.
Which Bethesda game are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments.